




After a very long walk deep into the mountain and came back out, I was hot and craved for an ice cream. I got my ice cream after the long queue, sitting down at the picnic table enjoying it, that was the time the father of 2 asked me from behind:“Are you Japanese?”.
I turned and said:“No.” to him politely, I was too exhausted to make any further conversation. Immediately he turned to his kids and said:“她是韩国人!” which means ‘she is a Korean’ in Chinese.
Since he had spoken in Chinese language I got curious and turned again to look at him and his family. I saw his daughter who is having a darker skin as him, and then his son who is looking more like an asian. We started to chat and he learned that I am a Malaysian Chinese and I could understand their conversation; I learned about he is having a Taiwanese wife and his kids grew up in Taiwan, they can’t really speak their native Norwegian language, they speak in Chinese within the family.
How amazing this is. It is just lovely.
While we were chatting, his son kept clutching his neck, playing and laughing, while his daughter was shy she was just eating her hot dog quietly. I asked to take their family picture but the father got away from the camera view, he said to the kids:“让她拍吧!外国人!” which means ‘let her take take your picture, she is a foreigner!’ (everything is just new for her).
I manage to take his picture when the kids grabbed him to pose together, they were so exciting about being photographed. They are having a trained mechanically smile on their face while posing. That is the kind of smile I had all the time in front of the camera when I was little. Cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment