I remember I had been to a opposition party assembly organized by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in stadium Merdeka more than 3 years ago, just a few days before I departed to England for my studies.
I thought that the crowd was huge enough, and we were all very positive about the reformation of Malaysian government Datuk Seri Anwar was talking about, he was very confident. We were all can’t wait for the reformation.
In Chinese, we named the reformation “Sky Changing” 变天, and in Malay it called “Refomasi” which is obviously a Malay word that borrowed English’s. “Refomasi” had also been translated straight into Chinese word “烈火莫熄”, which having second meaning of the “ranging fire not to be put off”.
(It didn’t happen as BN was tricky and sneaky enough to continue holding the power of governing).
More than 3 years later, I was totally in shock to see how the number of supporters of Bersih grow. I am still overwhelmed by what I saw in the news, the protesting crowds was seriously huge in KL, with people travelled from all over the country. For those overseas supporters, peaceful protesting was happening in many biggest cities in the world. All we are asking for is just a fair and free elections. Protesters in KL are all know about how sneaky the BN is so everyone is well prepared to face whatever coming to stop the peace march, without any violent actions, and were all prepared to help each other regardless of races or anything. I am seriously proud of this.
When I read about articles of how Japanese faced the country disaster hit by unexpected Tsunami, I felt impress and thought that could never happen in my country. (I changed my mind now).
Everyone is awake now, we are now just waiting for the corrupted BN government to be awake. (It might take a while but doesn’t matter as long as we keep on fighting!) (not fighting in physically please)
Been practising blogging in English language so you might spot some funny usage of words :p
No comments:
Post a Comment