28.8.11

A fight with Kw


After Kw showed me the gallery his friend owned in Stoke Newington, we went to a Turkish place in Kingsland Road for lunch before headed back to Brixton for work. June 2011.

x

Just after I was thinking how nice to have Kw as my friend, how lovely he is to always help me out during work and always explain local slangs which I don’t understand to me patiently, we had a fight during work 2 days ago and I stopped talking to him for more than an hour.

Kw was doing front and outside section and I was taking care of the middle section of the dining area. It was a crazy busy evening and the general manager Mark was there, his presence actually making things worse because the team can’t work quite properly as he was picking on everyone to make sure everyone follows his silly rules.

I was helping the food sender a lot besides serving customers. When I had to send food to outside which is quite a pain since I had to go through the crowd and there would be no one to keep an eye on my section. I decided to do it anyway as fast as I can, but then I noticed that it wouldn’t be just one round to go as outside tables didn’t set up with cutleries and plates. At that moment I saw Kw standing outside of the bar taking napkins and stuff so I asked him to bring some cutleries and plates. Immediately he said:“This got nothing to do with me!”. That was very rude, I got really angry and I smashed the dish on my right hand on the counter in front of him, grabbed those cutleries from his hand, and then I went 3 rounds to outside to make sure everything was done.

It was so busy that I didn’t even had time to think about that is a bit unusual for Kw being so rude. I was so angry that I refuse to be anymore considerate.

When things calmed down a little bit, Kw caught me at the entrance of the back door:“Zee! Come here.”

Z:“NO. I don’t want to talk to you!”

But anyhow Kw started to explain that at that time Mark had just shouted at him, wanted him to get out of the bar, he got real upset and I went to talk to him at that very moment, he didn’t mean to be that rude. That still doesn’t make a good reason to be rude but I thought that’s ok if it’s started from Mark. I know how it feels when you got picked on by Mark. I didn’t say anything but just showed him a thumb up telling him I was fine already. Tu was there seeing everything and she gave me a hug, I actually hate consolation hugs because it makes my tears run. And then we all got back to work quickly.

Kw came to me later when it got even quieter.

Kw:“Zee, Gimme a hug.”

I hugged him confusingly:“Why? Do you feel sorry about being rude to me?”

Kw:“But that wasn’t me! It was Mark!”

“No. It was you! You pissed me off!”

Even we were arguing like this we both knew that we were all good already.

It was just a silly fight after all I thought.

No comments: