4.8.11

Boris













I was very happy to see the venue in Oslo is a small place, with smaller venue means crowd could be smaller and I can stay quite near to the band and see them clearly. In London if famous bands are going to play in quite a small place, the tickets will be sold out almost immediately, if they play in a festival or in bigger venue, you can just see them in the size as big as your thumb.

Almost everyone there were wearing black, everyone looking like a heavy metal fans, I am the only one with four colours on me standing out of the dark crowd. Yet I felt very relax, just feeling little bit funny that everyone else followed the rule of, heavy metal=black color, almost very obediently, you can hardly feel any angriness of the music genre from the Norwegian fans. This had just prove what Yiannis told me about Norwegian people, they are calm and peace and sometime they could be naive and simple, I love these characters of them. I guess the place was already quite packed for them as the population of Oslo is very tiny compare to London, they might never experience super crowded atmosphere in their country. For me the place is totally comfortable because it is not packed at all, even though the room is quite full. Everyone kept a polite distance from each other, it’s just totally different from seeing a show in London, the Norwegian crowds hardly move or making any noise. The night club crowds could be different from gig crowds I thought, didn’t had a chance to check the city’s dancing places though.

Boris didn’t play one of my favorite song ‘farewell’, this song means a lot for me, I looked at their playlist they printed out and stuck on the wall and knew that they are not going to play the song. I was totally disappointed and thought maybe I should ask them why, I had come all the way from London to see them to play that song, to start off a conversation. I ended up didn’t stay and talk to them, I’m actually feeling quite regret now, it might be a very memorable conversation but I had just missed it again.

(All of them are quiet and cool, except the drummer, he jump out from his drums and shouted something to thank us at the end of the show whereas the others just left the stage quietly, he is the only one looking very dramatic when playing the show, I really wanted to take his picture but I can’t even see him properly throughout the show)

(Amy asked me what brought me to Oslo, I told her that basically I wanted to see Boris and then I booked everything without thinking much. She then asked me what do Boris play, I can’t explain well of this but they do play a lot of heavy metal, so I said it’s a heavy metal band. She was surprise that I happen to listen to a lot of heavy metal. And then me myself was surprise too I checked what I listen to and enjoy most of the time, most of them were really heavy metal)

No comments: