3.7.11

flat mate T





T had now gone back to Japan to enjoy his summer holiday and won’t be back till september when his school start. We didn’t hang out that much before he moved in to occupied the empty room next to mine last month, as I’m so busy at work and we are actually not all that close friends that would hang out so much. It happened just when he decided to changed his study field back to fashion and need to change his school as well, he could no longer stay in the university student accommodation and need a place to stay urgently.

He texted me saying that he need a room for a month and I texted back a simple one as well: call my Irish flatmate (he is in charge of the flat) we got an empty room for months already. T didn’t keep me update of everything but this is really his style of not saying anything, and my style to not ask about everything as well. I am always quite lazy and can’t be bother to greet a friend to be honest, doesn’t get in touch so much doesn’t mean I don’t care, that is how i always deal with friends haha. And one day T texted me that he is moving in few days, I texted back and said: ”oh you got yourself a place now, well done, where you gonna stay?” Then he texted back: the room next to you.

I was worry about sharing a flat with a friend because I can’t be bother to do socializing at home, I was worry about he might see my other self which is not that friendly as I always be, also worry about I might not be able to relax at home. (I can’t really rest well when I stayed over at friends, I always so self conscious that I might causing trouble, I am too nervous at all the time, this had never been change since I was still a kid, the only different now is that I can hide it from people sometime).

Luckily we ended up getting along well, that I felt relax and comfortable to have T as flatmate. My Swedish friend M was visiting right after he moved in, he helps to pick her up at the station as well as hang out with her a lot since I am always at work. I might felt really bad for M if T wasn’t there to take care of her instead of me. He also help me to go to shop to process my rolls of films (part of the reason is he wanted to see his own pictures, he asked before doing it for me: any pictures of mine in it?), I said to him as a joke that he is now hired as my assistant or secretary.

In the beginning of his stay, he was being very helpful and caring, he would make cup of tea for me when I got home around mid night. And in the morning he would get up early to see me off to work. There's one morning when I was taking a shower I heard him making noise in the kitchen, he then handed out a breakfast to me, which is french toast with his mother’s recipe. I felt warm sometime as if I am staying with my little brother, which is a good sign. T and M might have exchanged their opinions of my busy life, one evening T said to me that:“We. Are. All. Worry. About. You.”, that is a funny one but sweet. This situation doesn’t carry on long after he got used to live with me, he might just feels that is normal for me to be so busy, and now he didn’t even bother to send my films to process even he went to the place close to the shop. Haha, I know everything just doesn’t last long in this world and that is OK.

Now I am alone again and could be even more relax at home, but inevitable feeling a bit of lonely too.

No comments: