26.7.11

很多故事来不及说,新的故事又发生了。好的很多,坏的更多。

Just a few days after I came back from Oslo, my Swedish work mate Annica texted me around mid night saying that I’m lucky that I’m not in Oslo anymore. The text message ended with a coma, giving a hint of she sent the message in hurry and it must be something bad about what had happened in Oslo. It’s a world big news now that a mad man just carried out terror attacks in the city by bombing the government building and then shooting in a government youth camp, a lot of young people were killed. I can’t believe this happened in a very peaceful country as everybody else.

Newspaper is still reporting the news, as well as news of Amy Winehouse death in North London. I heard her songs before in various places when I’m out since she is so popular, but I actually never learn anything about the singer, I knew her full name just because of everyone around is talking about her now, and telling me that 27 years old is the age of many popular people death. Kwesi had been saying this a lot as a joke to me and Lee, that we all have to watch out, since we are all 27 going to be 28 in 2 months, and that we thought we are all now in the golden age of life and might think we could handle a lot of alcohol and smoke and then we would just die from overdosing. Kwesi and Lee’s birthday are on end of September and mine is on beginning of October. 3 of us in the our working bar that are same age and then the others are either little bit older or younger.

Been to ATP festival during the weekend and had really great time. I can’t believe I saw all those bands at once. I saw Godspeed you! Black Emperor, they played 2 hours, that’s long for a music festival, some bands only played 30 minutes. I’m now very much in love with The Books, not only the music but the videos are brilliant as well. Chihiro saw them once and she was really excited to be able to see them again, she blushed a lot after she talked to the vocalist at his merchandising store, and I saw Helen Money at the store with him that I thought she resemble the vocalist of Portishead, I decided to ask him who is she, he told me that she is Helen Money (we missed her show cause we arrived a bit late), I am glad that I didn’t approach her and ask her, that would be so embarrassing.

I saw PJ Harvey, it was very good but I didn’t feel too much impress. Portishead impressed me a lot, I saw them for both days, they are the only band did both days since they curated the festival. I was expecting Portishead so much and they did really great, it was so amazing that Miho and I decided to go to very front of the stage for the second day, we touch her hand when she ran down from the stage to shake our hands. The dodgy old guy in front of us was pulling Beth Gibbons, the female singer of Portishead, kissing her lips and wouldn’t let go of her for a few seconds. Beth herself might not feeling any uncomfortable but I was feeling disgust for her a lot, since I saw how not considerate and selfish the man were in the crowd, and he looked a bit drunk. I just hate to see him kissing my favourite singer.

I first saw Portishead on screen singing ‘Roads’ in a gallery near KLCC in Malaysia. I was very impress and became their fans, that’s around 5 years ago. I never ever dream of seeing their live. I thought that every pound I spent for the festival is all worth while.

No comments: