Back from Oslo, this have just became my most memorable city trip, my first couch surfing experience, it was so good that I would love to do hosting sometime now if I have the room. I did a little of museum visiting, and mostly going into the nature like ‘Ingierstrand Bad’(‘Bad’ means beach in Norwegian), and also the lake Sognsvann and then walked quite deep into the wood around the lake. Even the Norsk Folkemuseum (Norwegian Folk Museum) is an ancient farm village that full of greenery around. This is what Yiannis, my CS host told me about the museum that sound very appealing to me:“You should go look at the old farm houses in folk museum, it is not like Disney land where everything is artificially made, those are real farm houses they preserving in good condition.” I love what I saw in the museum, those houses made me felt like I am one of the Smurf living in a little happy village, which doesn’t connect to the civilize world at all.
A part from the peaceful beautiful city that made my trip, of course also people I met there that made it a wonderful one. Long story to write about later. A shame that I was too shy that I missed the opportunity to speak with some people, including the Japanese band Boris, that of the main purpose of my trip to Oslo. I happened to be the only Asian girl in the show (not too sure, maybe there are others that I didn’t see) and I was standing in very front, I wanted to speak to them but somehow something occupied my mind on that night. I didn’t feel like making conversation with any stranger and also I felt really shy to do so. I went back to hostel afterwards when the sky is still half bright, it was 30 minutes to mid night, I love the long daylight in the summer, Norway’s one is just great for me that I felt I have more time in a day.
Last thing to say in this post, is that Norwegian characteristic are so different, I love what I have learned about them, thank to Yiannis as well, he had been teaching me and helping so much I felt like he is my father sometime (His children are about the same age as me) not a strict father though, I am really happy to have him as my host.
(More than 10 rolls of films to be processed, included those I took in X Japan’s gig and others, can’t wait to see but got no spare time to do it at all. Also I did some BERSIH picture in the city and in the wood, with just only me wearing yellow holding the yellow paper I printed with ‘Bersih from Oslo Norway’. Thought that it just nice to include one more world city that support BERSIH, clean and fair election, the purpose of this could not be just for Malaysia it applied to the world I thought. I didn’t manage to do it in front of the Nobel Peace Museum though, learned about Liu Xiaobo from China won the Nobel peace prize last year, he and his family wasn’t there to receive the prize because he is still in house arrest and his family were banned by Chinese government from doing so.)
2 comments:
wow~ I love your sharing :)
:)
Post a Comment