“Tell me, what is that hole for?”
自述的男人早上起来发现四个穿制服的工人在窗外挖洞。洞越挖越大。让人情绪不安。故事如是说。
“Nothing at all,” he says, guiding a spoonful of soup to his mouth.
“They dig for the sake of digging. So in that sense, it is a very pure hole.”
“I don’t understand.”
“It is simple enough. They dig their hole because they want to dig. Nothing more or less.”
“They dig holes from time to time,” the colonel explains. “It is probably for them what chess is for me. It has no special meaning, does not transport them anywhere. All of us dig at our own pure holes. We have nothing to achieve by our activities, nowhere to get to. Is there not something marvelous about this? We hurt no one and no one gets hurt. No victory, no defeat.”
“I think I understand.”
“Perhaps you do not understand. But our way is proper to us. It is proper, peaceful, and pure. Soon enough, it will begin to make sense to you.”
x
对呀。急急忙忙地到底会到哪儿去呢。
x
这个故事早在冬天的时候就看完了。J带来的2本1Q84也以根本不愿意的惊人速度看完了。在等3。
所以睡前还有午休的时间都在有点空虚地看着不知什么的这个那个。
No comments:
Post a Comment